NYDFS Superintendent Adrienne A. Harris sat down for a fireside chat with the Brookings Institution’s Center on Regulation and Markets. Here are some takeaways:
– On Enforcement: NYDFS will be focusing enforcement on “kitchen table” issues.
– On Cybersecurity: NYDFS is working on updating and improving its cybersecurity regulation.
– On Climate Change: NYDFS will be issuing guidance on climate for regulated banking institutions later this year, like previously done for insurance licensees.
– On Crypto: NYDFS will seek to modernize its licensing process; the agency is bringing in “a load of new talent”; they just filled the position for Exec. Dep. Superintendent for Innovation and Research by hiring Kaitlin Asrow.
- On Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: It is in focus across the agency.
See for yourself – video is here: